#GivingTuesday: What a day!
November 28, 2018 by BFC
Guest Author: Kristen Kozlowski
Wow! That’s all we can say about Giving Tuesday, which took place on November 27th. With your help we blew our $25,000 Giving Tuesday match out of the water – in just ONE DAY, we raised $92,304.37 to support our clients and families across DC.
With the $25,000 match more than met, that’s a total of $117,304.37 in support of those living on low incomes in this city we all love. That means we can provide:
- 867 bags of groceries for DC families! (That’s equal to 13,005 MEALS, wow!)
- 251 hours of legal assistance for individuals facing homelessness, leaving abusive relationships, or seeking benefits!
- 208 visits to our social workers and case managers for housing assistance, job readiness training, and wellness support!
- 327 people with a year of quality, wrap around health care, including dental care, behavioral health counseling, and vision care!
- 586 holiday dinners, including a turkey and all the trimmings!
We couldn’t do any of this without you. Thank you for standing with us on Giving Tuesday, and beyond.
Our match may be met but the spirit of Giving Tuesday lives on! If you want to make a first or final contribution, please do so here.
0 New comments