Access to justice should not be limited by one’s ability to pay for help. Unfortunately, 86% of low-income households in the United States receive little or no help with civil legal challenges.
With Bread for the City’s help, individuals …
• Receive same-day advice and representation in court during critical stages of child support cases,
• Receive legal services while escaping domestic violence,
• Receive same-day advice and representation when facing eviction or loss of a housing subsidy,
• Overcome barriers in getting a government-issued ID, and
• Organize to achieve legal solutions to effect systemic change on community-identified issues.